Friday, September 07, 2012

Transparent Journaling

It has been far too long since I have deliberately written my thoughts and reflections. Much has transpired in my life during the recent couple of years, and I find journaling is helpful. What might be even more helpful is to share this journal for anyone to see. So this is my attempt at transparent journaling.

Obviously, I could invite criticism for what I say. I like ponder many things and see myself as something of an independent thinker. What I do not intend to do is attack individuals, whether publicly known or simply private persons with whom I have had an association. No, this is about some personal growing pains I have endured, as well as musings over theoretical and practical theology. I am currently not serving as a pastor in a church, but I am open to that possibility down the road. This time is meant to retool and rethink. Thus, my blog is being resurrected for the purpose of openly expressing my thought journey.

Vulnerability means I must trust someone else. As this picture shows, to tackle tough issues requires concentration and a bit of faith. My faith has been tested, but I think it has come out stronger.

Jared reaching up and looking foward

As I start to express some of those issues with which I have been wrestling, I invite the reader to see God's loving providence and untold faithfulness towards a most undeserving fellow. Though what I write about may at times use theological terminology and technical jargon, I will attempt to bring it back down to earth so that others may actually benefit from this.

Godspeed!

No comments:

Followers

Networked Blogs