Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bible Bridges: Part 7

ה (He)
Teach me, O Lord, the lifestyle prescribed by your statutes,
so that I might observe it continually.
Give me understanding so that I might observe your law,
and keep it with all my heart.
Guide me in the path of your commands,
for I delight to walk in it.
Give me a desire for your rules,
rather than for wealth gained unjustly.
Turn my eyes away from what is worthless!
Revive me with your word!
Confirm to your servant your promise,
which you made to the one who honors you.
Take away the insults that I dread!
Indeed, your regulations are good.
Look, I long for your precepts.
Revive me with your deliverance!

Ps 119.33-40 NET

This is my prayer for anyone who is taking time to journey with me on the Bible Bridges series. There may be times when I share things that appear to be overly sophisticated, off-the-wall, or just plane peculiar. Please hang in there with me! Like reading a road map to plan a route to a far away destination, this series seeks to build in you new skills in handling the Bible. Yet the point of it all is what the Psalmist prayed: transformation

God's Word revives. God's Word is powerful. For all the time we invest in things that do not last, let us repent. May God grant to this generation a deep desire for the ways of God, so that we agree that the world's priorities are not to be ours. I pray that we delight to walk in God's prescribed path, according to what He reveals in Scripture.

No comments:

Followers

Networked Blogs